Although we may not think much of them, windows are an extremely important part of the home. They let in sunlight and allow us to enjoy nice views, and they protect us from cold weather and let soft breezes through on nice days.
Unfortunately, glancing past your windows too often might result in some negative consequences. Windows are built to last within your home—sometimes for more than 20 years—but eventually, they will wear down. When this happens, you’ll want to replace them as soon as possible to avoid any future damage.
How long has it been since you had your windows replaced? If you notice any of these signs, now might be the right time to call for window replacement in Peabody, MA:
- They’re damaged: Windows are relatively durable home fixtures, but they are capable of degrading over time. Seals can loosen or peel away, wood can warp or rot and frames can bust away. If the inside or outside of your window looks damaged in any way, it’s a good idea to have it replaced so it doesn’t become hazardous later.
- You can’t open or close them: Most windows are designed to be opened and shut with ease. If you’re having to hit, punch or slam your window to get it to move, or if it just won’t budge no matter what, have it replaced so you can enjoy the functionality it was designed to have.
- There’s a draft: In colder temperatures, your windows are likely shut tight to contain heat within your home. However, older windows have a tendency to create sneaky drafts that cool the space around them. If you feel a small breeze near the window, it’s probably drafty and could be costing you as much as 25 percent extra on your energy bills.
- You need more insulation: If your windows aren’t drafty but you’re looking for ways to cut back on your monthly energy bill, window replacement in Peabody, MA can provide your home with some additional insulation. Older homes, in particular, were built with single-pane windows. Upgrading to double- or triple-pane windows can significantly lower your energy usage month after month.
- They don’t match your style: Windows are a prominent feature of your home—inside and out. If the style of the windows looks outdated or you’re unhappy with how they match the rest of your space, replacing them can transform your home. This is also a great time to install specialty windows like bay windows or interesting picture windows that make a statement.
- You’re thinking about moving: Although the last thing you probably want to do is put extra money into a house you plan to leave, replacing the windows in your home can help your home sell faster and increase its value tremendously. New homeowners will love the fresh new look of the home and be relieved they won’t have to take care of window replacement themselves.
Have you decided that now is a good time for window replacement in Peabody, MA? Look no further than C & D Replacement Window Co.! Our team specializes in residential and commercial window and door installation and replacement. We stock a large supply of windows and doors from the industry’s top brands and are dedicated to making you as happy as can be. Call us today to schedule a free consultation and estimate.
Categorised in: Window Replacement