Your front door is the first thing visitors see when they step up to your home. Depending on your style, the door might be elegant, classic, eclectic or modern. This door does much more than showcase your home style to visitors, though. It is what separates you from intruders, seals out cold winds or hot air and muffles sound from the street. These doors are extremely important, which is why it’s important to inspect your door every so often to make sure it’s still in good shape.
A broken or worn-down door isn’t good for much of anything, which is why you should look into new door installation in Peabody, MA as soon as possible. If it’s been a while since you bought a new front door, here are some enticing reasons to get a new one:
- Functionality: The whole point of a front door is that it closes firmly to seal your home away from the outside world. If your door doesn’t properly latch, is sticking and hard to open or close or is otherwise broken or damaged, don’t delay in replacing it with a new one.
- Safety: Most homeowners are sure to lock their doors at night to keep potential intruders out. Burglaries are more likely to occur at homes with noticeably damaged doors, since they are easier to break, as well as at homes with cheap or thin doors made of wood. New door technology has led to doors made of steel, fiberglass or composite that provide extra layers of security.
- Curb appeal: Your front door is like a statement piece for your entire home exterior—the focal point where visitors congregate. If you have a worn-down, dirty door, your house won’t look as nice to passersby, which can even decrease the value of your home. New door installation in Peabody, MA can help you give your home exterior new life with a pop of color or a whole new door design.
- Insulation: Doors fill large spaces in your walls to prevent air from seeping through. Old doors, though, can get drafty, hiking up your energy bills with wasted heat or air conditioning. Installing a new door can help you better insulate your home, keeping it comfortable while lowering your utility bills.
- Add a storm door: Some homeowners opt not to install a storm door in front of their main front door, only to find that the sun and harsh elements cause irreparable damage in just one or two years. Storm doors protect your nice wooden or composite doors from damage while adding an extra touch of glass or a design. If you want to install a storm door, you may need to replace your inner door, as well, depending on its size and thickness.
The experts at C & D Replacement Window Co. are happy to answer any and all questions about door installation in Peabody, MA. With our wide selection of doors and windows from top industry brands, we’re prepared to give you the best installation and replacement services in the area. Call us today to schedule a free consultation and estimate!
More from my site
Categorised in: Door Installation